Apr 3, 2003

It's Thursday Already?

Well, this week has been interesting. I have the new job of contacting people from all over the world. I really enjoy it as a challenge. I find that people from other countries are more polite, more likely to return emails and surprisingly happy that I have even called them in the first place. Ok.. here is what happens sometimes.. you see a banner ad for our University.. you click the button for more information and within minutes you receive an email from me (automated) and then within a couple of days you receive a personal email and then a phone call from me to see if you have any questions. Now that is service.. especially when you live in Abu Dhabi or Tokyo, or whatever location you are in. I think it is fun to find a way to schedule my days to attempt to get the best times to contact people. That means that I will be coming in very early some days (early is 5am) and late on other days (10am) I really like that variety. It's fun doing something new. My only problem is pronouncing names.... like Thangaraja or Athichol or.. well you get the idea... people are very friendly however.

When I lived in Mexico as a boy.. I was in the Cub Scouts and I remember getting my first merit badge. They were going through the names of the kids that got badges... Rodriguez..... Martinez.... and then the came to me... and called out my last name.. I didn't move.. because they mispronounced it...and my name is easy to pronounce in English... but I am always reminded by that and that hey.. as long as I am trying to get the name correct.. that is what counts.

So, it's Thursday.. The weekend is almost here! Yeah!

No comments: