Feb 24, 2021

Coronavirus-covid 19

So many things have changed. Not just masks and staying home. The biggest thing is work, it's changed so much. The job that I have d to used to have daily travel. Travel to hotels, mostly nearby. Over time the job morphed and I had hotels in 7 states, which meant that I needed to fly occasionally. Planning a month out, then Monday morning was a drive or a trip to the airport. Now my daily trip is to my office, to sit behind a desk and look at numbers and set appointments for a webex. This means that i can meet more often, so much so that it gets VERY old. Its been like this for nearly a year now. my last trip was in March 2020 to SLC. It's not the travel that I miss, it's the phone calls that I hate, it feel so ineffective. So, much like I am losing something each day. Losing that relationship with people that I work with. So many people reach out by phone, that they are tired too. here is my day, everyday... I wake up around 4am.. not sure why, but that's what it is.. somedays like today, I wake up even earlier. I check my emails, early in the morning, respond to some, and check my schedule for the day. watch my youTubers and am happy when one of the walking youTubers is on live so I can sort of communicate with people that I don't really know. I don't really move muuch until about 7am then I make french press coffee for me and my wife (it's a little noise with the grinder so I dont' do it earlier) Then I switch to local news if I have worn out the YouTuber shows. I change, sometimes take a shower and get to work. Reviewing numbers, prepping for calls and try to come up with something, anything new to help move 2 numbers... RGI and Heartbeat scores.. if those numbers are down, I feel like I lost. If up, I don't feel much better, just.. well mmmph.. another day. I may have a call or two in the morning, following up on items.. keeping in touch. Then at lunch, I work out.. I hop on a rowing machine that I bought a few weeks ago.. i have been very good at doing this Mon=thurs. then sit in the sauna, and make some calls from there. Off to the afternoon.. more calls, more prep, follow up. maybe a team meeting and call friends in the company and done. dinner time, tv, maybe take the dog to the dog park.. day over.. next day... repeat until Friday. I have been volunteering at a food bank.. helping to deliver the food to families that drive up and we put the stuff in the car. it's a nice break, makes me feel useful. then at 11am, back home.. back at work.. again follow up.. make calls etc. no rowing on Fridays, so maybe a walk with the dog. week after week after week after week, the same thing...... the same thing.... I see flaws and I bring them up too often.. so much so that my boss is frustrated with me.. I know it.. I know and yet, can't stop bringing them up. I won't get into them.. let's just say that they bug me that nobody else sees them, fatal flaws in my opinion that only make it harder to do the job. i need to let them go.. let it all go, but that just means that I care less.. and makes the job even less meaningful and even more.... the same.

No comments: