WAR
Well, we knew it was coming. I do have a little Homeland Security Update. You see, here in my department, we work with Doctoral Students and occasionally we will have a potential student that lives outside of the United States. As a matter of fact, I have several potential students in the Middle East. So, we make calls to the Middle East and they call us back.
And.. we have been contacted by the FBI to find out why we are making so many calls. I think that is a good thing. I think we have been cleared.
I just wanted to say something about the war that is going to be coming soon... by this weekend.
I hope that the Academy Awards doesn't turn into a political peace fest... I really don't want to see that as hundreds of thousands of our military are going into Iraq. I thought that George Bush made a convincing speech last night. I have been giving this whole things some though.. and I wonder how the world would be different if the U.S. took a proactive approach to War in the past... Would we have gone into Germany and removed Hitler before the holocaust?
I wonder...
I also wonder how France can say... "let's give him more time to disarm.. when all Saddam has been doing is building up his armory of weapons" I mean.. there is a real fear that Saddam is going to really unleash some Hell on the world in the upcoming weeks... so.. if he has been disarming.. wouldn't this just be a cake walk? It won't be.. it's going to be terrible.. it's not going to be the... bomb them from the sky.. kind of war.. It's going to be scary and there will be death and destruction...
George Bush looks a hell of a lot older than he did when he was elected... I have to say that I have been one of his critics.. I voted for Gore. I made fun of George W..but I think that he has made a very difficult decision. It would be easy to sit back and allow the United Nations to do nothing. I do believe that this is for the good of the world. We need to live in a safer place than we do today. We cannot live in constant fear that a dictator will eventually have everything he needs to kill hundreds of thousands of people. Something needs to be done,, and I have to give credit to our President for having the cajones to do something.. even when a good part of the world is against him
I think that it is horrible that there are a few Countries out there that have received so much help and support from the United States, that are staying on the sidelines now. I hope that there are repercussions for those decisions. We'll see...
Anyway.. now that we have so many of our people, in the line of fire.. I think that we should get behind them and support them.
Mar 18, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment