Mar 25, 2003

This or That Tuesday

1. Poetry or prose?
Poetry, I was introduced to it by my ex girlfriend, who had a Master's degree in Creative Writing/Poetry... although I have to admit, I only read it when my friends write it.

2. Funky modern art or the older, "classic" variety?
If I had the choice between classic and funky modern to hang on my wall.. I guess I would go with funky modern.

3. Sculptures or paintings?
Paintings.. in and art gallery, I probably give sculptures especially modern sculptures a passing glance, but some paintings can stop you in your tracks.

4. Theatre: exuberant musical or serious drama?
Comedy.... oops.. that wasn't one of the choices...

5. Ballet or modern dance?
I have never been to either... live.. but when I got my dog.. I got 2 free tickets to the local Ballet troupe in Phoenix.. (strange promotion) so.. maybe I'll check out some Ballet.

6. Movies: major studio or indie?
I like both.. sometimes I like to go to a movie.. just to eat popcorn. I love the Indie channel and the Sundance channel and probably watch more Independent movies than most.

7. Authors: Shakespeare or Dr. Seuss?
With a Crow? Thou shalt not know?
I have been banished, from the Cat with the hat on his head.

8. TV: PBS or A&E?

A&E

9. Music: Beethoven or Beatles?
If I could only have one.. it would be Beethoven.

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You are a contributing member of your favorite art museum, and visit on a regular basis. They announce a new, temporary special exhibit by an artist surrounded by controversy...this person's work and/or political views offend you. Do you stop supporting the museum, or just stay away during the time the exhibit is there?

I would do neither.. I would go to see the exhibit..controversy isn't necessarily a bad thing.. especially if it gets people to speak to each other. If I am really really offended.. I will just leave.

No comments: