Feb 24, 2003


Monday


Saturday morning I was reading the paper and I saw this review for a Vietnamese Restaurant.. and I love Vietnamese food.. the noodles... I don't know what the name is.. all I know is that I always order B-6.. which has spring rolls on top of the soup.. yum.

Well, this review said that the restaurant was located inside the largest Asian Market in the area (The Lee Lee Asian Supermarket and super it was). So, I told my fiancée that I wanted to go there... it is huge. I wish I brought my camera.. so I could share it here. She loved it, she told me that she felt like she was back home and we bought all kinds of cookies and sweets and we also got some Udon noodles and some soup mixes.. yum. There were Japanese, Indian, Jamaican, Chinese, Indonesian and of course Filipino sections in the market.. they had "Everything" ... at least that is what my M said :)

It felt good to see her so happy and in her element.. not feeling like an outsider, rather.. I was the one being stared at (it doesn't bother me at all)

I had a run of bad luck on Sunday. We went to the movies and waited in a long line only to find out that the movie that we wanted to see was sold out...(why don't they just make some notation up there on the big board of times that says.."sold out") Then we went to Costco to find that the thing I wanted to buy was gone.. so we decided to stop and rent a movie.. on the way I filled up my car with gas and got a car wash... but when I drove around to the automatic car wash.. it was broken. The girl at the counter said that she can't give a refund, but I could come back tomorrow when it is fixed.. "it's raining today" Then, of course.. there really were not that many movies to watch...

So, we watched a movie on TV... "Mississippi Massala"

Have you seen it? I watched it a few years ago. Having been to so many motels in the south that were owned by East Indians, I really enjoyed the movie and the truths that come out about racism and the community that I wasn't a part of, but that I visited often.

M. and I, had a talk about the movie afterwards.. how this couple.. Denzel Washington and Sarita Choudhury, fall in love and how it messes up their lives.. but they had each other and in the end.. hopefully they were accepted. But that's not what we talked about it. We talked about how we both would love to run away someday.. how we both have thoughts about how we aren't really happy with our jobs.. but how happy we are together. We talked about how I miss my boys and even though I may fantasize about starting over.. that I won't leave my boys.. that I will be here as long as I can be in thier lives.

I notice that I am not the only one that struggles with these feelings.. thank you for those of you that responded to my last post. Thank you to everyone that supports me.

A couple of friends have given up the blogging life and there are times when I wonder if I really have anything to say. It is helpful to write down what goes on.. and to realize just how boring my life can be.

I do however love to read your blogs and to read about your lives... I know what you mean Pegasong...


oh... how I really dislike Mondays.. how I dislike getting up and coming to work.. and watching another week go by.. waiting for Friday.

No comments: