I have a confession to make
When I was younger.. actually not too long ago.. I would watch Mister Roger's Neighborhood when I was home sick. The show may be made for little kids, but I would watch it when I was in Junior High School and High School. I would love the Land of Make Believe and that you could take a little trolley there. I can still do imitations of King Friday, Lady Elaine and meow, meow, Henrietta Pussycat. Sure.. call me a sap.. call me a big goof, but I will miss Fred Rogers. Everytime I feed my fishes I remember how methodical he was with things. He would put on his sweater and take off his shoes and put on his slippers when he got into his TV house.. he talked to his 'Picture, Picture' and the show influenced me.
I would be at home, eating some Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup and watching PBS and Mister Rogers. My boys never understood the show, but when I was young we didn't have 24 cartoon channels, and during the day, there were soap operas or Sesame Street or Mister Rogers. He would come on around lunchtime and I would sit there and watch and relax.
I think my boys missed out on a great show.
I'll miss you Mister Rogers.
Feb 27, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment