Mar 31, 2003

Wow

Well, that was a great weekend. Each weekend, we try to set a few more rules around the house.. and each weekend the boys get a little bit better about following them. We just had a great time. We flew the kite, camped out in the backyard and had a big dinner at my Dad's. The boys played in the desert setting up GI Joes.. they had a really cool display for everyone to walk through. The boys were smiling at the end of Sunday when I had to take them back. Andy said that 2 days went by too fast. The boys visited with the neighbor kids, had a pizza night out with my fiancée and I, went to the dog park with Mollie, and we did so much. I had a little chance to rest on Sunday after lunch, after church, and I don't feel too groggy today.

We tried very hard to stay away from the TV, especially the News. I can tell that Alex watches too much of it because he does this little impression... "Hello, this is Wolf Blitzer, embedded in the 101st airborne division... etc.. etc." When I was 10 years old, we were in the middle of the Vietnam War. All I remember is wearing MIA and POW bracelets... I don't know what happened to mine. Life certainly has changed. It always does.

In church Andy noticed that there was a Marine Sergeant in full dress, with the white gloves and all. Andy was very excited, but too afraid to go up and say hello. I am sure that he was being deployed this week. The priest blessed him after Mass. We haven't been to church for awhile, but I felt that we needed to go.. or maybe I needed to go. I am glad that we did.

I won't comment about the War in Iraq, my blood pressure goes up when I do.. so I need to do my best to limit my intake and output about the war.

I put a couple of photos of the boys in the Fotolog.

No comments: