Sunday night
I spent the majority of today, doing something. Hey, isn't this supposed to be a day of rest? Well, I did some homework and made a decision that I don't really want to carry two MBA classes at a time. Sure, I want to finish quickly, but it just isn't worth the loss of time for other things that I want to do. So, I spent more time on one of the classes and will notify my advisor that I will be dropping the other. I hope it isn't going to be a problem, I don't think so.
I went up to my fathers and we took a trip to Home Depot to get my new Barbecue. It's so cool... my father and I put it together and by 1:00pm it was all ready to go. First we picked up some sandwiches at Quiznos (those are good) and we ate them back at my father's house. He has such a beautiful place, it's really out in the desert. From his house you can see for at least 100 miles in all directions.. well.. there is a mountain behind him.. so almost all directions. I came home and on the way, picked up some charcoal and started up a fire... I have been slow cooking/smoking a pork roast and some sausages. The Barbecue is from the New Braunfels Smoker Company in Texas. I know that I wanted it becuase there was this place.. I think it was in Lockart, Texas that had the best damn barbecue in the world and it was cooked on something that looks like my new barbecue.
Then, I started working on the house. I went through all the boys toys again. They have too many and even though it was hard for me to do.. I took some of them and put them in boxes to give to Goodwill. It was hard because I know that if I laid all those toys out.. the boys would probably play with them again.... I also know that when I was a boy.. I would continue to play with the same toys.. even when I was older. I even found a couple of the toys that I had saved... a couple of old Hot Wheels. I kept the toys that I know the boys would miss.... and well.. the others.. will be loved by some other kids now. Anyway the garage looks better.
I also went through my clothes again.. and got rid of half of them. I pretty much wear the same five outfits to work every week. I could even seperate them by day if I had to. This week I think I will dress up a bit more.. just to feel different about work, I will wear a tie most of the week. If anything, it will make me sit up straight at my desk.
So.. now it's Sunday night.. my fiancee's Mother is in town, so I am alone tonight. I have done enough work, but I do have a few more things to do for my class and then I guess I will rest.
Oh... I was happy to be able to watch the Formula 1 race from Australia last night... Are there any other F1 fans out there.. here is the good news.. it was a race! I mean, it was actually close and Michael Shumacher didn't win! I am a Juan Pablo Montoya fan. I hope his BMW has what it takes this year. He would have won the race, but he spun out and finished second anyway.. pretty amazing. The F1 cars are the most advanced cars in the world. Someday, I'll see a race in person. It's on my list :)
Take care..
Mar 9, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment